Students can't be Wrong!
GET BEST GRADE, ORDER NOW
Adolescence And Child
0 Downloads | 2 Pages 315 Words | Published Date: 16/03/2017
2. Summarize the stages of childbirth and common medical interventions.
1. Many factors related to childbirth have changed as compared to the traditional methods. Today women can expect a safe and healthy journey of herself and her child throughout the period of pregnancy and childbirth due to the various modern childbirth technology, that has minimized the risk of any harm or death to the mother and child (Chertok, 2013). Many drugs are given to the women during labour to control pain. In previous days childbirth used to occur at home and the pain management was dependent on the woman and other people who helped her during childbirth (Dick-Read, 2013).
2. Childbirth specifically includes three main stages (Dick-Read, 2013). The stages are:
1st Stage: This is the longest stage of labour where the cervix widens and contraction of uterus occurs. When the contraction of uterus is the maximum the cervix is completely opened.
2nd Stage: In this stage, mother pushes down the baby with each contraction and gradually the head of the baby appears followed by the rest of the body.
3rd Stage: The placenta gets separated from the wall and is delivered.
Medical interventions involved in childbirth are:
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring is a technology used to monitor the contraction of uterus and response of the baby towards this.
- Analgesic and anaesthetic medicines are given to the mother in order to control the sensation of pain.
- Instruments like vacuum extractor and low forceps are used to pull the baby out.
- Induced labour is the method of starting labour by giving medicine.
- Caesarean delivery is the method in which incision is made through the uterus to deliver the baby.
Chertok, L. (Ed.). (2013). Motherhood and personality: Psychosomatic aspects of childbirth (Vol. 2). Routledge.
Dick-Read, G. (2013). Childbirth without fear: the principles and practice of natural childbirth. Pinter & Martin Ltd.
Thepeacekeepers.info provides guaranteed satisfaction with a commitment to complete the work within time. Combined with our meticulous work ethics and extensive domain experience, Thepeacekeepers.info is the ideal partner for all your homework/assignment needs. We pledge to provide 24*7 support to dissolve all your academic doubts. We are composed of 3000+ esteemed experts who have been empanelled after extensive research and quality check. Thepeacekeepers.info provides undivided attention to each assignment order with a methodical approach to solution. Our network span is not restricted to US, UK and Australia rather extends to countries like Singapore, Canada and UAE. Our assignment help services include thesis help, case study help, homework help, coursework help, MBA help and Programming help. Get your work done at the best price in industry.
Most Downloaded Sample of No Subject
331 Download | 1 Pages 120 Words
Explain why firms’ marginal cost curves become upward sloping after a certain level of output has been reached.testWhile for the margina...
215 Download | 2 Pages 339 Words
Question:Discuss about the professional developers comprehend software? Answer:I have been working in the USA Technologies for nine months now, and it ...
155 Download | 3 Pages 654 Words
Question:Describe about the Rethinking Oil Nationalism? Answer:1. The engineering discipline that I have chosen is Mechanical Engineering and I have se...
132 Download | 6 Pages 1,441 Words
Question:Explain about the Advertising for An integrated marketing communication perspective? Answer:Introduction:Social media has become the part of...
242 Download | 1 Pages 48 Words
You are required to write a researched argument essay that convinces persuades the reader of your position / stance. This is an academic, researched and referenced do...